Thursday 5 September 2013

The Awesomest Day Ever

How was the first day of school?  He hesitated for just a second, and then off he went.  He came back to the fence once and told me "I just want to stay with you."  I crouched down and promised him I would be there when he came out after school, kissed him through the fence, and he was just fine.  I was the only one left crying in the playground. When I picked him up he hugged me like he hadn't  seen me in a year and then declared, "that was the awesomest day ever!"  Guess you could call it a huge success.

In other news...School is 1km away from home, so I get to add 4km to my daily mileage!  I'll be keeping that in mind on ice cream night :)

1 comment:

  1. So glad he had a great first day! I am going to be a mess next year (only one year of kindergarten here in NB) xo A

    ReplyDelete