Saturday 18 May 2013

Not My Idea of Fun

In May of 2008 when I was pregnant with Lucas we drove to New Brunswick to visit my cousins.  Not just cousins, but my best friends for my whole life cousins.  They moved out east when they finished university and I have missed them desperately ever since.

5 years and 6 kids later...
Our visit happened to coincide with Blue Nose Marathon Weekend.  Amanda and my Uncle were running the 10K that year, so we roadtripped to Halifax for the weekend.  We watched the race and cheered them on, and while I LOVED the race atmosphere, I know I uttered the words "running is just not my idea of fun".  Ha.



The girls are a year and a half older then me, and growing up I always wanted to be like them, even when their hair and fashion choices were somewhat questionable.  So naturally I guess I followed suit with running.  They planted the seed, and boy has it grown.

Amanda and Ashley GOOD LUCK with your races tomorrow.  We wish we could be there to cheer you on, or even better to be running with you.  We love you and miss you xox




No comments:

Post a Comment