Thursday 11 April 2013

Ready Ready Ready.....

On our 20 Miler on Saturday Lexie kept singing a line from this song:


As I big Dixie Chicks fan, I was more than willing to oblige her. Feeling rather impressed with our running last week(end), I rode the high from Saturday's run for a few days. The high was bolstered in large part by the fact that my self-diagnosed Hamstring Tendonitis that has been hanging with me since Around the Bay felt better than it had in two weeks. I thought for sure I was in the clear, and like the The Chicks say, I was Ready, Ready, Ready to Run. Then I woke up Tuesday after my easy 4 on Monday, and it was back. Since then I have been on a strict plan of foam rolling, stretching, icing, and KTTaping. I have continued to run, however I have had to dial back my distances by a few miles. In the spirit of full disclosure, this "injury" is mostly my fault. Despite the fact that I am very active at work and run 35+ miles per week, I spend no very little time stretching. By very little I mean really on the only time I stretch is when I make kids do it at work. Do as I say, not as I do, right??

Anyway, my frustrations are mounting so I figured this would be an appropriate complain about it as I'm sure Lexie is sick of hearing about it.. Today I did six very wet, cold footed miles at work with Matt, and I felt pretty healthy after and am still feeling better than I have in several days. I will try for another 4 tomorrow and see how I feel, wish me luck. I'm still hoping to get my 15 miler in this weekend before we tackle another 20 next weekend.

-Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment