Saturday 13 April 2013

Random Saturday Stuff

1)  Friday morning I ran 7.81 miles in this...
It was supposed to be 8, but I had to slow down so much because of the ice on the roads, and on my face, that I ran out of time and had to get home so Leigh could go to work.  This morning I ran in capris.  The weather needs to get it together!

2)  I am so type A with my training plan that I planned to make up the .19 of a mile I missed yesterday. Who does that?  Made my loop too long, ended up running 15.73 instead of 15.19

3)  I noticed this week that they opened one of these in Guelph...
menchies website
We took the boys on Friday for Family Date Night.  For those who are not familiar with Menchies.  They have a giant wall of frozen yogurt machines, each with a different flavour, and then a number of different toppings.  You load up your own cup and then pay by weight.  It was expensive ($15) for the 4 of us, but it was so good, and the boys loved it.  I would have had to take a 100 metre detour on my run this morning to hit up menchies for some mid-run fuel.  Tempting...

4)  KT Tape works.  We picked up some for Leigh's hamstring issue and he has been having success with it.  I used it on a spot on the inside of my knee that has been a bit cranky on my really long runs.  Apparently it's just from tight quads, not really an injury, just sore and bothersome at the end of a long run.  No pain at all today.  I totally thought it was a gimmick...But it seems to really help.  Think I just might wrap my whole body in it for race day...No pain then right??


5)  Cooper has his 4 month follow up at Sick Kids on Monday.  He has to have a sedated echocardiogram (heart ultrasound), and then we meet with his cardiologist.  I am very much NOT looking forward to his echo.  He used to take medication no problem, and was fine with it after his surgery, but since then he has pretty much refused to take anything, even the prophylactic antibiotics he needed for his ear/adenoid surgery last month.  The medication they use to sedate him tastes like Buckley's...Fun right?!  I am trying not to worry about these appointments, but admittedly I am.  I don't 'think' there is anything to worry about, but I also didn't think there was anything to worry about on October 9th, 2012 when I brought him for his routine cardiac check up, on my birthday, and told Leigh just to go to work, and my parents were in Florida (so I couldn't get ahold of my mom immediately to cry), and that's when we found out he was going to need surgery.  So I am (overly) cautiously optimistic.  Everything will be fine I'm sure.  We will update you on Monday.

Saturday night=Ice cream night...Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment